A comprehensive one day fire safety training event by the authors of the sector-led guide. In addition to covering the technical content of the guide, the authors will be able to give a unique insight into the background and thinking behind the approach taken in the guide.
Who will benefit from attending?
This event is suitable for all those involved in the management, assessment and enforcement of fire safety in specialized housing. It will be particularly relevant to private and social landlords, other housing providers, managing agents or facilities managers, care and support providers, local authority service commissioners, fire risk assessors and enforcing authorities. The course attracts 7 IFE CPD hours.
- Obtain insight into why fire risk and fire safety in specialized housing differs from other buildings.
- Enhance their knowledge of the laws governing fire safety in specialized housing.
- Increase their understanding of the fire safety design principles associated with different forms of specialized housing.
- Understand the person-centred approach for vulnerable people.
- Understand the appropriate approach to fire risk assessment for specialized housing.
Delegates will have an opportunity to discuss technical and management issues associated with this important new guidance.
This course can be delivered as an in-house course and is sometimes run as a public course.