Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems for Buildings
Code of Practice for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises
This comprehensive one day course provides an in-depth examination of the recommendations of BS 5839-1 for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of fire alarm systems in all types of non-domestic premises. The course provides a valuable insight into the thinking behind the recommendations and the latest revision of the standard.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course will be of benefit to anyone involved in the specification, design, installation, commissioning or maintenance of fire alarm systems. It will be of particular value to:
- Fire alarm contractors.
- Fire and rescue service inspecting officers.
- Fire safety consultants.
- Fire risk assessors.
- Building control officers.
- Approved inspectors.
- Environmental health officers.
- Health & Safety consultants.
- M&E contractors and consultants
- Major users of fire alarm systems.
On completion of the course, delegates will have gained an understanding and knowledge of:
- Legislative requirements for fire alarm systems.
- The appropriate fire alarm system for different types of premises.
- The design of fire alarm systems.
- The different categories of systems defined in BS 5839-1.
- Appropriate requirements for installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems.
- Certification of systems.
- Relevant third party certification schemes.